Friday, October 24, 2014

trees without leaves II - variation 1



oil on gessobord, 6" x 6"

This painting is the first color variation of the second image in this series. Again, I'm working at trying to keep it loose, this time using much bigger brushes wherever I could. 


Below are a few things from my printmaking class:  

Second attempt at this tree image with a few changes from the first one I made and posted last time. 

This is the "ghost" image of the tree above it - the third printing without re-inking the linoleum block.  I actually like this one the most so far. 

My printmaking instructor is Maren Munoz and she really knows her stuff! Check out her website when you get a chance. Here are some photos of her in class demonstrating color reduction prints which we will be working on during the next class on Sunday. 




Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment