Friday, October 24, 2014

trees without leaves II - variation 1



landscape, oil on gessobord, 6" x 6", $70
click here to purchase

This painting is the first color variation of the second image in this series. Again, I'm working at trying to keep it loose, this time using much bigger brushes wherever I could. 


Below are a few things from my printmaking class:  

Second attempt at this tree image with a few changes from the first one I made and posted last time. 

This is the "ghost" image of the tree above it - the third printing without re-inking the linoleum block.  I actually like this one the most so far. 

My printmaking instructor is Maren Munoz and she really knows her stuff! Check out her website when you get a chance. Here are some photos of her in class demonstrating color reduction prints which we will be working on during the next class on Sunday. 




Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment