Friday, December 12, 2014

trees without leaves II - variation 3

6" x 6", oil on gessobord

The above painting was done last week.  I really enjoy experimenting with color, and lately I've been using quite limited palettes.  For this painting, I used violet plus 3 yellows and white.  I'm pretty happy with the violet neutrals throughout the piece, with the subtle color shifts.

I'm keeping up with my project of working on art every day.  When I can't get into my studio to paint, I do small color sketches/studies with oil pastels or work on relief prints. 

The print below is from a linoleum carving completed last week:




This is another linoleum carving just finished this week but not printed yet.  The photo used for this is the one I'm currently using for my tree series.  




No comments:

Post a Comment