Thursday, September 11, 2014

3 Bare Trees

6" x 6", oil on gessobord

This is a little piece from last week.  For this painting, I was inspired by the subtle, neutral color in one of Stuart Shils' paintings from his Irish Oils - mid 1990's.


Other News: 
My dear friend, Carol Chase Bjerke, has an opening Friday, 09/12/14, at the Artisan Gallery in Paoli.  Stop by if you can.  The show is called "Touch/Stones" and her work is beautiful!



One more thing:
I was at a painting workshop this past Saturday through Monday with Kyle Martin at his Chicken Coop Studio in Rock Springs.  It was "Painting from Photos" and it was great!  I was there with six other artist friends.
 
 
 Chicken Coop Studio

Kyle did a demo each morning and we did a lot of painting each afternoon.  I came home totally inspired!   

BTW, if you are in the area Saturday, Kyle has an opening at the Blue Heron in Reedsburg.  

....and this is Kyle, a great teacher and a really nice guy!

2 comments:

  1. VERY nice blog Barb! I like that you are showing a series, very impressive. Hope you will be posting the painting that you started at the workshop. Nice posting also giving credits to Kyle. I am a bit behind with everything (4 months) but hope to start painting again soon and will post about Kyle and his "most excellent workshops" also.
    All the Best, Sharon Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    Thank you for your nice comments. I do like working in a series and plan to start a new one next week. It was so nice painting with you this past weekend. I've added you to my blog list and hope to see your painting from our workshop posted soon.

    ReplyDelete